Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cramblit's, Dunkle's and me.

Today is Thursday, and we started the day with sunshine! I'm a desert rat, I like the sun. The rain is lovely, but after 3 weeks, I love seeing the sun! OK, OK, it was raining by evening, but we had some great hours this morning, Julie even took a snooze on the lawn at the Ohio Historical Society. It was warm, the grass was dry, and she was out. Mom and I went through the Museum, it was very interesting. Ohio was the first state into the Union after the Revolutionary war, so it's an old state with a lot of history, both Native American and new American.

I've spent days in libraries and courthouses, and I'm worn out. Julie helped me today, and we found more Cramblit's and Dunkle's. We were at the Ohio Historical Society Library, in Columbus, for several hours. In some ways I wish I had several days there, but I'm ready for a break. We left about 4:30 and started driving west, right into the rain. Actually we even saw snow! It didn't last very long, but it was definitely snow. We are in a KOA just east of Indianapolis tonight. Julie is deep into her new Mac laptop, working on her website and answering email. I'm doing the same thing, and Mom is asleep. We even have TV tonight! The Office is on, the wifi is working, life is good.

I'm like a genealogy junky, I know that. I try to say that I could quit anytime I wanted to, but we all know differently. When I'm in genealogy mode, I don't sleep, it's all I can think about, where did they come from, how did they get into this town, this state? How many times did they move before they stopped here? And-- Who's Your Daddy?? Really, that is so hard to find out sometimes! I've found so many names for these 2 families, and I don't know where they fit, it will take me months to sort them out, and figure out if they are in my direct line or not.

I talked to David this evening, and there is now a Best By Farr Plumbing business. They've been working on that for months, and the paperwork is finally done. Now there are 2 businesses to manage, but he is very good at that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited they are using Grandpa's picture! That means you will certainly be in the program. You will have to send us a copy so that I can watch it!

Love ya,
Heather

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple