Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SHOES

AAugh! I just paid $250 for shoes, and they're not even pretty! I'm not sure what happened, I took the truck into the shop for an A/C fix. Then, I think I walked across the street to the shoe store, and the owner started measuring my feet, then telling me what I needed. He explained how my feet have grown, my arches have fallen, and showed me the ugliest sandals I've ever seen. I felt like I was just cruising to 80 instead of my mid 50's, and kept looking longingly to a pair of cute sandals on a nearby stand.

After I tried on the ugly sandals, yes, they were comfortable but eeww! So then he sprung the trap, he pulled a pair of cool tennies out of the box, slipped a pair of arch supports into the sole, and put them on my feet. I stood up, walked around, and oh my heavens.... I realized I couldn't take them off. I tried to figure out how to walk out of the store in them. They are shiny, which is good, and have air conditioning fabric, and now I have to walk every day to justify buying them. Yes, I bought them without any hesitation! What was I thinking??? Oh yeah, that it was the most comfortable my feet have been in years. Well, off to my very expensive walk!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Crap! I'm shocked that my "I don't need to spend $ on shoes, I'll just go to Wal-Mart" mother actually paid for high-quality shoes.

The comfort better make up for the hideousness. ;)

Jana said...

Oh....it's SO worth it!! I'm sure the comfort is worth every penny. :)

It's been fun reading about your adventures. I'm so glad you made it back safe and sound. What a blessing that you made it through all of those storms unharmed.

Love you!

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple