Friday, January 9, 2009

Haines genealogy

Well, I'm moving full tilt into preparing for the Haines reunion this summer. My sister Debbie is hosting it, in St. John's, AZ. I'm in charge of inviting family members, primarily all the descendants of George Jefferson Haines, our grandfather. We are spread all over the country, so it will take some effort to get addresses for everyone and send them invites. Our line hasn't had a reunion in many many years, so I hope lots of cousins can come.

I've decided to create a book for the occasion, including lots of pictures, the story of William T. Haines' death and his family journey to Arizona, hopefully something interesting. Mom and I plan to visit her cousins' Edna Mae and Doris this month, so I can copy documents and pictures from them if they'll let me. Their father is my Grandpa's oldest brother, so I'm hoping they'll have some good stories, pics and maybe even letters. Our family doesn't write letters, so I'm probably dreaming that letters exist, but don't spoil my fantasy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun Momma! Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to come down for the reunion.

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple