Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010, where'd that come from???

I was writing bills yesterday, and kept stumbling over the date. I remember being so blown away by surviving to the millenium, and thinking how awesome it was to watch the change of a century and into a new millenium all at the same time. I keep telling myself I'm not old, I'm still in midlife- and here I am experiencing the most amazing time in history. At the turn of the last century, 55 was old age, now we have another 20 years to look forward to, easily. Most of my grandparents lived into their 80's, pretty unheard of in 1900 I think. Now we are 10 years into the century, and I'm wondering where the last 10 years went. We moved here just over 10 years ago, and I still feel like this is a new experience. Another 2 years and we will be here as long as we were on the Colorado farm. That's hard to believe~

I'm still working on a book, I hit a writing block a month ago though, and haven't been willing to sit down to write for weeks. Time to get back on the computer. I really want to finish this thing!~

New Years was a very fun evening, Nic and Gina came over, we watched movies and played games. I have to say, I actually won at Trivial Pursuit! I haven't played it in years, and I thought I'd be pretty lousy. Maybe the kids let me win.....

1 comment:

Shawna K said...

What are you writing now??rationc

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple