Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rest in Peace Kyle

I found out this evening that Kyle, who was a young, enthusiastic probation officer in Glenwood Springs in 1990's, died in January. He was 39, with two young children. Kyle was recognized as Probation officer of the year in 2004; he loved his work and really made a difference in people's lives- his defendants, coworkers, friends and family. The sadness I feel right now is huge, I can't imagine how hard it is for his parents. I keep thinking about watching him grow and develop as a PO, and I admired his dedication and zeal. Probation is a tough job, you often see the same people come through the system over and over, and wonder if they'll ever get their life together. We become jaded, hardened and cynical- it's a survival skill really. But Kyle worked hard to help defendant's overcome the problems they were having, and believed in a person's ability to change their life. I haven't seen him in years, but he was the type of person that leaves a mark, and he will be missed. May God bless you, and all of your family Kyle.

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple