Sunday, June 10, 2007

50 things to do before I die

Well, this was a great day! My friend Jack has a 2 seater airplane, and last week he took me flying. I'm 5'2", and I am taller than the plane! We took off from the Cottonwood airport, then flew northeast toward Sedona. I've never seen the mountains behind Sedona, it was absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, trying to take pictures through the window at 170 miles an hour didn't work too well, but I'll add a couple to the blog later, anyhow. We flew over Sedona, then down the freeway to Montezuma Castle. Flying over the mountains Jack let me drive for a few minutes. Having a stick between my legs, trying to move it without flipping the plane on its belly was awesome and scary! It's sure not like a steering wheel...

My next goal is to fly in an Ultalight. I hoped to do that for my 50th birthday, but couldn't find one. Well, maybe this year... after all, that just fits my procrastinating attitude, no sense getting in a hurry!

2 comments:

A little crazier than Most said...

Love the new blog.... I am so jealuos of your backyard view, mine is no longer Mt. Timpanogas, It is a 30' condo complex... such is the way of the world.... Whit is in South America and is loving it. Luv ya, Al

Julie said...

What a trip. I had the good fortune to fly in a small plane from Medford in Southern Oregon to the Oregon Coast and back. You reminded me of a good memory. Thanks, Julie

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple