Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Mom is awesome! She has been here for a full month, taking care of me, the cooking, weeding and caring for the backyard. In the mornings I'll see her outside working in the gardens, cleaning things up, watering and fussing around in general. She doesn't like housework, so that has suffered, but my yard looks great! I'm feeling well enough to clean the kitchen and sweep a bit.

I have to admit, it's pretty funny now, I am coming into the kitchen after her, cleaning up the counters and dishes. I used to be the one making messes in the kitchen, now she is, and I'm the one fussing about the mess! She told me recently that she leaves everything on the counter because otherwise she forgets what she's bought, and freely admits her memory isn't great any more. Her feet bother her a lot, as well as her knees, but she keeps on trucking. She is an amazing driver, she can park a 33 foot motorhome easily, and although slow and careful, is capable of handling great distances with aplomb. When she leaves here, she will go to Sacramento California area to be with her brother, my uncle Jerry, as he completes his earthly journey. He has terminal cancer and is slowly succombing to the disease. Mom was there for a month, in July, but when I was facing another surgery she came back here. Her summer has been spent nursing the sick, hopefully winter will bring some relief, rest and respite.

I put a picture of a hawk or falcon on the right- I wish it was a better one, but he was so cool, sitting in a tree in my back yard. He was hunting birds- I feed a lot of birds, and he was hoping for an easy meal that day. Luckily, I got a shot of him, but he didn't catch any of my little birds, at least not that day.

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple