Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Great Thoughts

I was watching a show about exploration of Jupiter, and it brings up two thoughts to me: first- We spend billions of dollars on NASA, yet don't find it necessary to care for our most vulnerable citizens, children, severely handicapped, the elderly. We are a major power in the world, and don't find a way to pay for their assistance. Not that I want the federal government to be in charge of their care, just be willing to make it a focus and provide better funding to the states.

The second thought I have is the question- are we alone? There is endless debate about this, both theological, exestential and other 'ial's' I can't think of right now. My thought is, how arrogant to think we're alone! The Great Creator, I prefer to think of him as God, was smart enough to know how contentious we are, and put the living planets far enough away from each other to keep them from destroying each other! There has been murder and war as far back in history as there are records, both written and oral histories. He knew this would happen, and protected us from each other.

1 comment:

A little crazier than Most said...

Finally, The Universe makes since...

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple