Sunday, January 20, 2008

Knit, Read, Enjoy

It's been a busy week for me, comparitively! I have been helping digitize census records for the LDS Family History Library for the past year, it's a great program that will allow anyone to search census records through their website for free when complete. I've been typing in the 1930 Mexico census records, since I speak and read spanish. The census records are hand written, and sometimes pretty hard to read, but it is so great to know all these records will be available to everyone. I've tried to do a page every day, which is 50 names per page, so this month I've recorded 600 names so far. The program has done the 1900, 1880 US census, and is also digitizing other records too. I worked on an Irish birth record for a few pages, but didn't see any of my clan in there. Genealogy is a passion for me, and I'm so glad to have internet and be able to do research even though I haven't been able to get out much. If I can help others do the same thing, I'm thrilled!

I finished my sweater, it looks pretty good, I'll put a picture up this week. I'm now making fingerless gloves. They are made with 4 knitting needles, which is a little complicated, but they look pretty cool and should help keep my joints warmer while I'm typing or knitting.

On Saturday David, myself, his sister Trisha and brother Jon all went for a drive. We had breakfast at Jose's Cafe in Sedona, great local food if you're ever in the area. David bought a bullet reloading outfit from a friend, and we drove out past Camp Verde to pick it up. The guy has changed hobbies, now he's rebuilding motorcycles, and needs more room in his workshop. He gets more room, David gets to build up his hobby, everybody wins!

Trisha is so sick of Phoenix, she wants desperately to move up here, but there's just no work in her field. She's a loan officer, and was laid off for months this past year. She's working now, but is burned out, however, at 60 she's not really in a position to change carreers. tough place to be right now. I think she'd be bored senseless up here, but maybe not.

I've been out 2 Saturdays in a row, and even made it to church today, so I'm definitely starting to regain my strength!

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple