Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Random Things

The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

I was tagged by Nisha, So here goes. My favorite random/weird facts- I used to work for Robert Redford as a horse wrangler. Yup, it was my job to drive to a movie star's house every day and ride horses. Tough life, eh? When my kids were growing up, we would be driving down the road and when a favorite song came on, I'd sing it and dance to it, (course I kept my eyes on the road) My favorite song was "Old Time Rock and Roll", I'd really get into it, and they'd just roll their eyes and say MMOMM..... My sister and I used to enter gymkanas- barrel racing, pole bending, etc. The weirdest competition was the hide race. She would ride the horse, dragging an old cowhide attached to a rope. I got to ride the cowhide, hanging on for dear life while she raced down the arena, around a barrel and back to the starting point. Only one team raced at a time, and whoever had the fastest time (without losing the poor sucker on the cowhide) won. Random fact- I drawl whenever I wear cowboy boots. I couldn't wear boots to work, people thought I was joking around, but it just happens, the accent I grew up with kicks in when I'm in boots!
Every year that I drove school bus I dressed up as a witch for Halloween. I'd carefully apply an even bigger nose to my face, warts and all. I had a big tall black hat, and sometimes I used a wild wig too, along with a long black cape. I told the kids that I was an angel all year long, so this was a chance for my true nature to shine. No, they didn't believe me either.
I was an 'Alcohol Evaluator' for 9 years, and never drank a drop! Instead, I interviewed people convicted of DUI's in Colorado, and set up a treatment program for them, which they had to complete as a condition of probation. I would rather work in the garden than clean house. OK, that's my random facts, those of you that don't have a blog, you are still tagged; email your own random facts to me and a few friends.I tag Julie and Jana on their blogs.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Hi Aunt Elaine!

I'll try to do the tag thing, but, I don't know a lot of people who "Blog", so, hopefully it will still count. :)

Dakota is so adorable. Nick reminds me a lot of Jace.

p.s. LOVE Jared's sweater you made. Good Job!

Jana

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple