Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Maine Event

We went searching for the Atlantic ocean yesterday, and by golly we found it! I know it doesn't sound too difficult, but there are so many little roads and little towns along those roads that it was a little tricky. Hampton Beach is only 45 minutes from Manchester, and it's a lovely little town. It was cold and rainy, but we had to see the ocean. I ran down to the surf and stuck my hands in, and boy was it chilly! The waves chased me back up the beach pretty quickly, but now I can say I've been from one side of the country to the other. The wind was blowing so hard that we only stayed out long enough to take a couple pictures, then we found a nice cafe and had some hot chocolate. We then drove up the coast along a little 2 lane road for miles, enjoying the ocean and the 5 foot + waves that the storm was raising.

We stopped in Portsmouth NH to ask for a good place to eat lunch, and learned we were only a stone's throw from Maine. Well, we had to go into Maine, and eat lobster! The menu said the price is based on that day's boat ! I love that we had lobster that had come off the boat that very day, it was great food.

It started raining at 9:00 am on Monday, and didn't stop until late Tuesday afternoon. They got almost 3 inches of rain in the past 2 1/2 days, I wish I could pack some up and send it home to my yard, I don't think they need it all. Tomorrow we are leaving for Vermont. I'm excited about it in some ways, but I sure hate to leave the kids.

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple