Sunday, April 27, 2008

Yarn run

I picked up a bunch of pamphlets for local attractions, and lo and behold, the main store for Patternworks is just 60 miles up the road from Manchester in Center Harbor! I've received yarn catalogs from them for years, and had to make the trip. Heather and I drove up through some of the most beautiful countryside during the trip, and then we came to the lake. Lake Winnipesaukee is a huge lake in the center of New Hampshire, with lots of fingers spreading every direction. Center Harbor is just one of many small New England towns along its shore, with quaint old homes, a beautiful old church and little cemetery right between the road and the shoreline.
There is a ferry-type ship that does tours on the lake. I got a picture, but we didn't have time to take the trip. Maybe next time!

We spent over an hour in the yarn shop, it was great! I found yarn and a pattern book to make my son an argyle scarf, some great variegated cotton yarn for me a sweater, of course some more sock yarn, and a couple odds and ends. We wandered up and down route 25, because it follows the lake for miles. I swear, it could have come right out of a Rockwell painting, I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

It finally rained today, it's been so warm and clear for the past week, I can't complain. New Hampshire had been 2 weeks without a storm, they were starting to have brush fires. It's hard for me to be concerned, since it hasn't rained at home since the end of March, but 2 weeks for them is a long time.

Tomorrow we are driving to Hampton Beach, which is on the Atlantic ocean, so there will be more pictures! It's supposed to rain, but we want to eat fresh New England seafood and see the Atlantic, so the weather won't stop us. We are having such a good time, I can almost forget that soon I'll be leaving here without my kids. I can't think about that very much, it will be really hard. Mom and I went to church with Heather today, and people were very friendly. It's nice to know she will have a church family here, even if I can't be close, there are people that will look out for my kids.

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple