Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is it Santa on the Roof?

I'm getting Christmas cards every day, and they are beautiful! The lights are on all around my neighborhood, it's even been somewhat chilly here. Yes, Christmas is just 23 days away. My tree isn't up, no decorations about- what do I have going on here? I love Christmas! I love to decorate, there are 14 big boxes of decorations in the shed anxiously awaiting their turn to shine. There's a Christmas letter dancing around in my head, hasn't actually made it to print yet...

Well, there are 5 men dancing, no stomping around on the roof today, that's kinda like Santa, isn't it? Last week the south side of the house was de-shingled, all 4 layers. That exposed a few problems, like several soft sheets of plywood that have to be replaced, along with a 3 pallets of new shingles and a pallet of rolled roof felt. Although I'm very very happy to have the roof redone, and prevent further damage, it puts a bite on the Christmas budget. There is such a mess outside, along with the huge dumpster, that outside decorations are out. Although, the dumpster's green, so that's kind of Christmasy, right?

Hopefully we can put up the Christmas tree this weekend, I've been waiting until Dakota can come over and help. Gina will be here too, so I'll have lots of assistance, at least I hope so! Even though our house is a construction zone that puts a damper on decorating, I love Christmas, and I'm enjoying getting ready. I have to take pictures of the things I've made before they get wrapped, then I'll put them on here after Christmas. Don't want to ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple