Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

It's Sunday evening, Nic and I are watching Ice Road Truckers. Actually, he's reading- 'God, Emporer of Dune', and I'm watching tv. I went to church this morning, and attended Sunday School, so I made it for 2 hours today. My goal is to attend all 3 meetings every Sunday, I haven't done that since 2006. I attend the main meeting, Sacrament, on most Sundays now, but I'm still not strong enough to stay for 3 hours yet. Our church holds most of the meetings on Sundays, so we have a long day, but it's great to feel the Spirit and honor the Sabbath.

Dakota was over all day yesterday, it's always fun to have her here. They colored, played with Lego's and waded in the pool. Of course we watched Finding Nemo, no visit is complete without that. Nic is moving up here next week, he'll be working for Best by Farr now, so we'll get to see Dakota much more, as he's hoping to have her every weekend. Yippee!

The chickens are doing very well, Lucky and Betty have healed and are back with the twins. Betty's feathers have filled in again, so she has very little bare skin showing. Lucky's leg has healed up, although it is bent awkwardly a little. It doesn't seem to bother her though, and she is speeding around the pen just like the others. I was worried about her, but she's young and strong I guess. We've had marvelous, wonderful rain over the past several days. It rained really hard yesterday, and has rained a little almost every day the past week. The dirt is still damp outside, that is unusual in 100 degree heat. Around here, the ground is dry within 24 hours after the rain, so it's taken a lot of moisture to keep it damp. Overall, we've had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This post made me really homesick...

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple