Sunday, December 5, 2010

Time Flies

Boy, has time rushed by! We had the Barton's down for Thanksgiving- Gina's family and our very old friends. What a great visit we had! Everyone helped to make it a wonderful weekend together. We had Dakota too, the whole weekend. It's the first full holiday we've had her with us, and she did so well, she only got a little homesick once.

David Barton brought his paraglider outfit, but he didn't make it up onto Mingus to fly. The 'boys' played video games, all the family watched football, we ate, we laughed! Sharry and I solved all the worries of the family and the world- at least in our minds!

By Saturday I was getting pretty sick with a cold, and it just got worse. I'm sure all of my running around getting ready for Thanksgiving, working on the reception plans and just my general pushing myself too hard had something to do with it.... Nah, it was just a cold turned into bronchial infection- nothing to do with my nervous energy!

Anyhow, I hope to visit the Shalimar Country Club this week, hopefully it will be marvelous and I can book it for the reception- one thing checked off the list. I want to find a lovely place for their celebration, and I'm amazed how many places have already been booked! My typical last-minute, spontaneous planning won't work this time, so I'm practicing to be a real Farr; using a list, planning and everything!

Right now I'm watching Eat, Pray, Love. I read the book a couple years ago, and it inspired me to write about my own spiritual journey. My book is languishing in the document section of my computer right now, until I stop avoiding my life and start writing it down.

No comments:

Click picture below to see album!

Christmas 2008

Carthage Jail & Nauvoo Temple